Aggregate \Ag"gre*gate\, a. [L. aggregatus, p. p.]

Formed by a collection of particulars into a whole mass or sum; collective. To bring together. Syn: To heap up; accumulate; pile; collect.


Background

Monday, March 14, 2011

Appalachian Mojito

This is the first time I have ever blogged from the iPad. Michael took the Mac to Vancouver out of necessity so I am left to be judged by autocorrect. Sometimes super helpful but most of the time not. I also find myself sans streaming video and switching to the web version of everything. I am too much of a luddite to store my photos offsite so this will be a pretty bland week in terms of delicious photos. Perhaps I will cheat and add them later :)


Anyhoo, I recently came across an article in my April 2011 subscription of Style at Home magazine with a mouthwatering recipe that I immediately tore out and instructed the husband to make for me. Fast forward a few days to when we had the actual ingredients and make it he did! Soooooo delicious! A little bourbon, mint, Limonata, sugar and crushed ice felt like heaven after the week we had and it has turned my thoughts to spring. 


The drink itself had some blasé name that I cannot remember and when I dig out the recipe I'll add it along with pics so we have dubbed it the "Appalachian Mojito". Much better. I think I'll go have one now and try to forget how lackluster this post is versus how offing long it took to write. 


Pucker Up from Style at Home
Crushed ice, 1 1/2 oz Bourbon, 
1tsp granulated sugar (I also used simple syrup), 
2tsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice, 
2 Sprigs Fresh Mint, Pinch Orange Zest, 
3oz San Pellegrino Limonata 
Half fill a tall glass with crushed ice. Pour in bourbon, sugar and lemon juice; add mint and orange zest. Use a muddled or a honey dripper to mash ingredients together to blend. Fill the glass with more crushed ice and top with Limonata. Stir gently before serving.

3 comments:

  1. They were sooooo good, thank you! Heavenly sums it up I think! Seriously delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed! Oh, and your homemade ice-cream holds a special place in all our hearts - Jck and Isla request it now whenever they are hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking Mike will have to make one (or two) for me when we meet again! Sort of an "after birthday drink".

    ReplyDelete

Have I mentioned I ADORE your comments? Well I do - THANK YOU!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...